Monday, September 23, 2013

Liebster Award


A couple of weeks ago the lovely Susanne of Bebeandj nominated me for a Liebster award.  As a new blogger I was super flattered even though I didn't really know what a Liebster award was.  It turns out that it is basically a way to recognize new or newish bloggers.  I meant to get this post up sooner but to be perfectly honest I've been so swamped at work (any of you teachers out there know how crazy the beginning of the year is) that I hadn't had a chance to search out my Liebster nominees.

This weekend I was determined to sit down and find my nominees.  My nominator specified 11 blogs and 11 questions, but if I had to get to 11 this post would be delayed even more.  I know some bloggers who received the Liebster a while back and they were only supposed to find 5 blogs so I decided to go that route.  I hope that's okay.

Part of receiving the Liebster award is answering the questions posed to you by your nominator so here goes:

1. What is your favorite food?  This is an easy one for me, pasta.  I LOVE pasta!!  There are so many different ways to make it and all are delicious.  Plus, when you're having a bad day, nothing is as comforting as a bowl of pasta with real butter and good Parmesan.  Yum, yum!

2. What is your go-to recipe for family dinners? Not surprisingly given my answer to question 1, it is pasta.  I like to add in spinach and tomatoes along with some sort of protein for a quick and easy one dish meal.

3.  Whose blog are you really digging right now? I have to say, I am a faithful fan of Brown-Eyed Baker.  She never steers me wrong in the dessert department and I've had an even bigger sweet tooth than I usually do with this pregnancy.

4.  Where do you get your inspiration?  This might sound cliche, but it's my family.  I want to be the best wife and mom I can be and part of that is taking time to do something for myself which is why I started this blog.

5. Who is your favorite author? I don't really have a favorite author.  I love reading and I love books but there isn't one author I turn to time and again.  That being said, my favorite book is Irving Stone's The Agony & The Ecstasy (a biographical novel of Michelangelo).  I'm also super in love with the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon.

6. What was always on your holiday wishlist as a child? To be honest, I'm not sure.  I think I sort of changed what I wanted from year to year, but I have always been a bookworm so books were probably somewhere on the list.

7. Do you sing in the shower? No, my family is usually asleep so I'm always trying to be super quiet in the mornings.

8. Why did you start blogging? I know how consuming motherhood can be, especially new motherhood.  I also know how easy it is as a mom to lose sight of yourself as a person instead of just as mommy so with baby #2 on the way, I decided blogging would be a good way for me to keep doing something for myself the person.  It is also a neat way to feel connected with all of the other amazing women out there doing the same thing in their own unique way.

9. What are you working on that you are excited about? I'm been sort of on a project hiatus for the  past few weeks with the beginning of the school year, but I am in the midst of working on baby boy's room as well as Jake's Superman birthday part.  The party has a lot of really neat components that I know Jake will love which makes me super excited.  The baby's room is exciting because as it comes together I can picture him living in it which is exciting for the obvious reason, he'll be here!

10. What is at the top of your bucket list? I don't actually have a bucket list.  There are lots of things that I think it would be amazing to do one day, but if I never got to any of them, I would be okay with that.  I have a wonderful family with an amazing husband and son (with #2 on the way).  I've been to my favorite place in the world, Italy, 3 times.  So I guess I feel like I've already accomplished the top of my bucket list.

11. Something you can't leave the house without? Moisture!  Water, lotion, and chapstick.  I'm addicted to all three and if I forget one of them, I sort of panic.

Now onto my nominees:

Motherhood, RA, and Me
The Contrary Commentator
Confessions of a Hoarding Housewife
Baking a Moment
Adventures in the Fish Tank

The rules for participating are as follows:
  1. You must link back to the person who nominated you.
  2. You must answer the questions given to you by your nominator.
  3. You must pick 5 bloggers, each with under 200 subscribers, to be nominated for the award.
  4. You must come up with 5 questions for your nominees to answer.
  5. You must go to their blogs and notify them of the nomination.
Here are my questions for my nominees?

  1. What blog post are you most proud of?
  2. If you could make one change, big or small, to your day-to-day life what would it be?
  3. What is your favorite guilty pleasure?
  4. What is your favorite part of the day?
  5. Savory or sweet?

No comments:

Post a Comment